A Clinical Institute framework was adopted at Epworth HealthCare in 2008-09. Each Clinical Institute brings together all the practitioners across Epworth hospitals relating to a specific disease or organ system, for education, process improvement, research, audit, and training of medical students.
By linking craft groups under Clinical Institutes, we create synergy amongst clinicians with similar clinical research and teaching interests. This in turn provides results in improved patient treatment, innovation and outcomes.
As a part of your appointment you are expected to actively engage in a relevant Clinical Institute via clinical audit and peer review meetings and participation in national/state clinical registers approved by your Clinical Institute.
Each Clinical Institute has a director who is responsible for the direction and activities of the Institute, including:
- planning and executing institute activities including regular clinical and business meetings
- facilitating research
- implementing clinical audit and quality assurance activities
- advising on and ensuring the integrity of after hours on-call arrangements
- supervising training of medical students and specialist trainees
- advising Epworth on College and specialty society liaison
The Clinical Institute framework is overseen by Epworth’s Executive Director, Academic and Medical.