Title: Cardiac Echo, Flutters and Murmurs
Topic 1: Stress echocardiogram - a sorter of symptoms
Speaker: Presented by Dr Julian Castro, Cardiologist – Echocardiography and General Cardiology
Summary: Stress echocardiograms are known for the assessment of chest pain and ischaemic heart disease. Stress echocardiograms also have a role in the diagnosis of patients with shortness of breath, palpitations and decreased exercise tolerance.
Topic 2: Heart Flutters – tests and treatments
Speaker: Presented by A/Prof Michael Wong, Cardiologist and Electrophysiologist
Summary: A contemporary overview of investigation and management options for a common presenting symptom in general practice. Discussion will cover both traditional and newer technology options to consider for the General Practitioner.
Topic 3: Update on Aortic Stenosis
Speaker: Presented by Dr George Proimos, General and Interventional Cardiologist
Summary: Discussion on the work up of patients with Aortic Stenosis (AS) -tests and tools (Dobutamine stress, Simultaneous catchers, CT scanning).
The evening will include the opportunity for panel Q&A.
Date: Tuesday 04 April, 2023
Time: 6.00pm – 9.15pm (detailed program included in the linked event flyer below)
Where: Cotham Dining, 28 Cotham Rd Kew 3101
Catering: Dinner and beverages provided
Parking: Ample carparking behind restaurant enter via Fenton Ave
Host: This GP education evening is hosted by Epworth Eastern.
- Review stress echocardiograms in the diagnosis of chest, coronary artery disease and chest pain
- Outline how stress echocardiograms may help to diagnose the cause of breathlessness in a patient - ischaemia, valve disease or inducible arrhythmia such as atrial fibrillation
- Outline both traditional and newer technologies useful to investigate heart flutters
- Identify patients who should and who shouldn’t be referred for Aortic Stenosis
- Outline what’s new in TAVR - Devices, Results, Durability
- Approved for 2 CPD hrs – ‘Educational Activities’
To register, please provide the following details and a confirmation ticket will be sent to your email.
- First name and surname
- Email address
- RACGP number or ACRRM number
- Practice name
- Practice suburb and postcode
- Download the flyer for complete information
Please direct your enquiries to [email protected]
Download the event flyer for complete information.