Title: Chronic, persistent non-cancer pain: managing it and having tricky conversations about opioids
Date: Tuesday 10 November 2020
Time: 7.00pm - 8.30pm
Where: Zoom Webinar- dial in from your PC/laptop/mobile phone/tablet
Program: 7.00pm-8.15pm presentations | 8.15pm-8.30pm Q&A
Topics | Speakers
- Pain education as a treatment modality, Ms Alison Sim, Osteopath
- Managing lower back pain and lumbar spine issues in the elderly, Mr Girish Nair, Neurosurgeon
- Managing chronic pain and opioid use, Dr Diarmuid McCoy, Specialist Pain Medicine Physician
- Use pain education as a treatment modality for patients with chronic pain.
- Identify which patients are suitable to refer to a pain physician or a neurosurgeon.
- Recognise when a patient has chronic persistent non-cancer pain, and possible options for treatment.
- Explain how to have the conversation that opioids are causing harm and what to do next.
- 3 CPD Activity points
Spaces are limited
Spaces are limited. Please RSVP by providing the following details and a Zoom webinar link will be sent directly to the email address you provided (if you do not receive a link to your inbox, we suggest checking your Spam and Junk folders).
- First name and surname
- RACGP number
- Practice name
- Practice suburb and postcode
Please direct your enquiries to [email protected]
Download the event flyer for complete information.