Title: GORD and Fatty Liver Disease for GPs
Date: Tuesday 8 August, 2023
Time: 7.00pm – 8.30pm
Where: Webinar via Zoom. Dial in from your PC/laptop/mobile phone/tablet
The diagnosis and management of GORD – what we should be doing in 2023
presented by Dr Chamara Basnayake, Gastroenterologist
GORD is among the most common presentations to primary care, yet since the advent of PPIs we rarely re-evaluate how we approach and manage this condition. In this presentation we will focus on common issues and pitfalls in the management of GORD in primary and specialist care.
The “other” hepatitis: the epidemic of Fatty Liver Disease
presented by Dr Zina Valaydon, Gastroenterologist and Hepatologist
Fatty liver disease is the most common cause for abnormal liver function tests in primary care and by 2020, will be the main cause of liver cirrhosis and cancer. In this presentation, we will discuss how to diagnose fatty liver disease in primary care, when to refer to a specialist and the current available treatments.
- Discuss how to assess and manage GORD in primary care
- Discuss how to follow up GORD and when to refer to Gastroenterology
- Outline what is involved in the assessment and management of complex GORD
- Identify who can have PPI therapy de-escalated
- Review how to screen for and diagnose fatty liver disease including severity of disease
- Outline the evidence-based approach to management of fatty liver disease in 2023?
- Discuss how to approach basic weight loss in patients with fatty liver disease
- Approved for Educational Activities (EA) 1.5 HRs
To register, please provide the following details and a confirmation ticket will be sent to your email.
- First name and surname
- Email address
- RACGP number or ACRRM number
- Practice name
- Practice suburb and postcode
Please direct your enquiries to [email protected]
Download the event flyer for complete information.