Title: Hokey Pokey of Orthopaedics
This GP education Dinner hosted by Epworth Geelong and moderated by GP Liaison Team.
An evening exploring practical advice for general practitioners including examination tips.
Dr Rekha Ganeshalingam
Knee injuries in adolescent patients.
Mr Todd Mason
Shoulder problems in general practice.
Mr Liam Halliday
Hip preservation surgery.
Dr Thiri Wai
Care of the lower limb arthroplasty patient post discharge, tips for optimal recovery.
Moderator: Dr Anne Stephenson.
Date: Thursday 23 November 2023
Time: 6.00pm – 9.30pm
Where: Epworth Geelong, Auditorium, 1 Epworth Place, Waurn Ponds
Parking: Shared off-street parking behind restaurant enter via Barkers Rd. Street parking from 6.00pm on Church St (restaurant side of road)
Program: 3 Course Meal, Presentation with Q&A
- Develop a diagnostic approach to knee injuries.
- Understand when to refer or when ambulatory care is required for limb injury.
- Develop a differential diagnosis for the cause of shoulder pain.
- Identifying patients with femoracetabular impingement and hip dysplasia.
- Discuss initial investigations of hip pain in young adults.
- Discuss the possible complications after lower limb arthroplasty and how to monitor to prevent complications.
- Describe four areas that rehabilitation can improve the lower limb arthroplasty outcomes in patients.
- 2.5 CPD Activity points (pending)
To register, please provide the following details and a confirmation email will be sent to your email.
(if you do not receive a link to your inbox, we suggest checking your Spam and Junk folders).
- First name and surname
- Email address
- RACGP/ACRRM number
- Practice name
- Practice suburb and postcode
- Download the flyer for complete information
Please direct your enquiries to [email protected]
Download the event flyer for complete information.