Title: Metabolic Surgery and Proctology for GPs
Topic 1: PROCTOLOGY FOR GPs’
Presented by: Dr Glen Guerra, Colorectal and General Surgeon
Outline and case discussion on the assessment and management of commonly encountered problems in proctology by GPs including Fissure & Haemorrhoids, PR Bleeding, Anal Warts & Anal Dysplasia, recognising alarm symptoms and signs for when it is important to refer.
Topic 2: A GENERAL PRACTITIONERS GUIDE TO METABOLIC SURGERY
Presented by: Mr Matthew Read, Upper GI, Bariatric and General Surgeon
Outline of conservative management of obesity, types of bariatric surgery, guidelines for bariatric-metabolic surgery, evidence for use of bariatric-metabolic surgery – benefits to health, and risks and complications.
Date: Tuesday, 30 May 2023
Time: 7.00pm – 8.30pm
Where: Webinar via Zoom. Dial in from your PC/laptop/mobile phone/tablet
Program: Presentation with Q&A
- Outline the current management options for anal fissure and haemorrhoids
- Discuss the examination and investigation of a patient with PR bleeding, anal warts and anal dysplasia
- Outline the types of metabolic surgery
- Discuss the benefits and complications of metabolic surgery
RACGP & ACRRM
- Submitted for Accreditation: 1.5 CPD Hours (Education Activities)
To register, please provide the following details and a Zoom webinar link will be sent to your email.
(if you do not receive a link to your inbox, we suggest checking your Spam and Junk folders).
- First name and surname
- Email address
- RACGP number or ACRRM number
- Practice name
- Practice suburb and postcode
Download the event flyer for complete information.
Email: [email protected]