Title: Orthopaedic case studies in shoulder, hip and knee: diagnosis and when to refer
Speaker: Mr Douglas Li (orthopaedic surgeon), Mr James Stoney (orthopaedic surgeon), Mr Chris Kondogiannis (orthopaedic surgeon)
Date: Wednesday 21 October 2020
Time: 7.00pm - 8.30pm
Where: Zoom Webinar- dial in from your PC/laptop/mobile phone/tablet
Program: 7.00pm-8.15pm presentations | 8.15pm – 8.30pm Q&A
This webinar will include the presentation of five common orthopaedic conditions in general practice, providing an insight into diagnosis, initial management and guidance for referral of specialist opinion.
Topics | Speakers
SHOULDER case studies with Mr Douglas Li, Orthopaedic surgeon
The diagnosis is often clear from a thorough assessment. Understanding the natural history will dictate your management and influence the outcome
- Case 1: Pseudoparalysis after a fall
- Case 2: Popeye deformity of the arm
HIP case studies with Mr James Stoney, Orthopaedic surgeon
Diagnosis and treatment of different labral tears. Diagnosis and management of lateral hip pain
- Case 1: Groin pain - labral tear
- Case 2: Lateral Hip Pain – Gluteal tendinopathy
KNEE case study with Mr Chris Kondogiannis, Orthopaedic surgeon
Recognise the common causes of Traumatic Haemarthrosis, aids to diagnosis, initial investigations and management.
- Case: Traumatic Knee Haemarthrosis
- Discuss the assessment and management of patients presenting with pseudoparalysis after a fall
- Outline the appropriate treatment for popeye deformity of the arm
- Differentiate between the different types of labral tears and identify when a labral tear needs referral for repair
- Discuss the diagnosis and management of lateral hip pain
- Identify the common causes of Traumatic Haemarthrosis and outline a management plan
- 3 CPD Activity points
Spaces are limited
Please RSVP by providing the following details and a Zoom webinar link will be sent to your email.
- First name and surname
- RACGP number
- Practice name
- Practice suburb and postcode
Please direct your enquiries to [email protected]
Download the event flyer for complete information.