Title: Prostate Cancer - Before and After
Topic 1: Advancement in treatment of Prostate Cancer over the last 10 years and a peek into the future
Speaker: presented by Dr Dixon Woon, Urological Surgeon
Summary: This presentation will guide GPs to identify men at high risk of harbouring prostate cancer, examine the contemporary biomarkers and imaging modalities in prostate cancer diagnosis and staging and discuss the modern treatment options for patients with localised and advanced prostate cancer.
Topic 2: Post-prostatectomy incontinence (PPI) and erectile dysfunction (ED)
Speaker: presented by Dr Sandra Elmer, Urological Surgeon
Summary: A review of the aetiology, incidence and management options of Post-prostatectomy incontinence (PPI) and erectile dysfunction (ED).
Topic 3: The role of the Urology NP in Prostate Cancer
Speaker: presented by Mr David Gray, Urology Nurse Practitioner, Epworth Freemasons
Summary: A presentation on the role of the Urology Nurse Practitioner at Epworth Freemasons and how they support the men and their partners during the man’s prostate cancer journey. The presentation will include the Epworth rehabilitation program for men who have undergone a radical prostatectomy.
Date: Wednesday 22 June, 2022
Time: 7.00pm – 8.30pm
Where: Webinar via Zoom. Dial in from your PC/laptop/mobile phone/tablet
Program: Presentations with Q&A
- Identify men at risk of developing prostate cancer for assessment, testing and referral
- Understand the treatment options available for men with localised or advanced prostate cancer
- Discuss the aetiology, incidence and management options for Post-prostatectomy incontinence (PPI)
- Discuss the aetiology, incidence and management options for erectile dysfunction (ED)
- Outline penile rehabilitation options for post radical prostatectomy
- 3 CPD Activity points
To register, please provide the following details and a confirmation ticket will be sent to your email.
- First name and surname
- Email address
- RACGP number or ACRRM number
- Practice name
- Practice suburb and postcode
- Download the flyer for complete information
Please direct your enquiries to [email protected]
Download the event flyer for complete information.