Title: Update on Knee Injuries
Topic 1: Treatment and prevention for paediatric, adolescent and adult patients
Speaker: presented by Mr Jonathan Robin, Orthopaedic Surgeon
Topic 2: Physiotherapist role in managing knee injuries, rehabilitation and injury prevention
Speaker: presented by Emily Neal, Senior Orthopaedic Physiotherapist
Date: Wednesday 15 June, 2022
Time: 6.45pm – 8.30pm
Where: Epworth Eastern, 1 Arnold St, Box Hill VIC 3128
Parking: Free parking is available at 23 Nelson Road (opposite RSL and next to hospital). Walk 30m to entrance of East Wing Tower entrance on Nelson Road and take the lift to level 7 Hospital Administration.
- 6.45pm: Arrival & Registration
- 7.00pm: Presentation
- 8.00pm: Q&A panel
- 8.30pm: Meeting close
This GP education event is hosted by Epworth Eastern.
With a return to community and professional sport post pandemic, the incidence of knee injuries is once again on the rise. Short- and longer-term outcomes following knee injuries especially in younger patients have a significant impact on the individual and the greater community. We will discuss the initial assessment as well as non-surgical and surgical management of the more common knee injuries across all age groups as well as a collaboration to prevent knee injury/re-injury. An update will be provided on advances in orthopaedic surgery and physiotherapy techniques to help get our athletes back on the park playing the sport they love.
The presentation will include the opportunity for panel Q&A.
- Identify the different types of knee injuries across all age groups and outline the management principles from first aid to specialist referral.
- Recognise the impact of knee injuries to the individual and greater community.
- Recognise the role of GP, physiotherapy and the orthopaedic surgeon collaborating together to obtain best outcome for our patients.
- 3 CPD Activity points
To register, please provide the following details and a confirmation ticket will be sent to your email.
- First name and surname
- RACGP number
- Practice name
- Practice suburb and postcode
- Download the flyer for complete information
Please direct your enquiries to [email protected]
Download the event flyer for complete information.