Title: Urological Cancers: Localised Prostate Cancer and Small Renal Masses
Speaker: Mr Henry Yao, Urologist; Mr Nicholas Campbell, Urologist
Moderator: Mr Alan Crosthwaite, Urologist
Date: Tuesday 24th August 2021
Time: 7.00pm – 8.15pm
Where: Zoom Webinar- dial in from your PC/laptop/mobile phone/tablet
Program: Presentation and Q&A
Moderated by Mr Alan Crosthwaite and hosted by Epworth Eastern, in this GP education webinar Mr Henry Yao will cover how to discuss the role of PSA testing with your patients and when to refer to a urologist for further investigation in patients suspected to have clinically significant prostate cancer. An overview on the prostate cancer diagnostic pathway and management options for localised prostate cancer including active surveillance, radical prostatectomy and radiotherapy will assist you to discuss and support your patients through their journey from diagnosis to treatment and cancer survivorship post-treatment.
Mr Nicholas Campbell will present the current management of patients presenting with small renal masses. This will include indications for active surveillance, risk of malignancy and progression, risk of delaying intervention, the indications and role for percutaneous biopsy and options when surgery is required.
The presentation will include case studies and the opportunity for panel Q&A.
- Discuss with patients the pros and cons of PSA testing and the diagnostic pathway for an abnormal PSA result including when a urology consultation is required
- Discuss briefly with patients the management options for localised prostate cancer
- Outline the diagnostic criteria associated with suspected renal masses
- Evaluate the diagnostics tests available for the patient and determine when specialist referral is recommended
- 2 CPD Activity points
Spaces are limited
Spaces are limited. Please RSVP by providing the following details and a Zoom webinar link will be sent directly to the email address you provided (if you do not receive a link to your inbox, we suggest checking your Spam and Junk folders).
- First name and surname
- RACGP number
- Practice name
- Practice suburb and postcode
- Email address
Please direct your enquiries to [email protected]
Download the event flyer for complete information.