Title: Urology Update for GPs – Prostate Cancer & Native Tissue Repairs and Mesh Excision
1. Prostate cancer: Early detection and treatment options – presented by Dr Dixon Woon, Urologist
2. Native Tissue Repairs and Mesh Excision – presented by Prof Helen O’Connell, Urologist
Date: Monday 24 May 2021
Time: 12.30pm – 1.30pm
Where: Zoom Webinar- dial in from your PC/laptop/mobile phone/tablet
Program: Presentation and Q&A
The first presentation on Prostate Cancer will discuss the clinical assessments for patients who present with likely prostate cancer, the initial work up, and management to avoid delay in treatment. Four Cases will be presented and discussed. The second presentation on Native Tissue Repairs and Mesh Excision will discuss clinical features of intrinsic sphincter deficiency (ISD) a more severe form of stress urinary incontinence (SUI), risk factors for ISD, options for treatment and place of native tissue repairs for SUI and Pelvic organ prolapse (POP), clinical presentations of Transvaginal Mesh Complications and when is surgical intervention useful and what interventions are appropriate when required?
- Identify men at high risk of harboring prostate cancer, arrange the initial investigations and make appropriate referrals.
- Distinguish between common or garden variety SUI and intrinsic sphincter deficiency (ISD)
- Be able to describe a fascial sling for stress incontinence and what effective native tissue repairs exist for SUI and POP.
- Identify problems related to prior mesh surgery and when to refer.
- 2 CPD Activity points
Spaces are limited
Spaces are limited. Please RSVP by providing the following details and a Zoom webinar link will be sent directly to the email address you provided (if you do not receive a link to your inbox, we suggest checking your Spam and Junk folders).
- First name and surname
- RACGP number
- Practice name
- Practice suburb and postcode
- Email address
Please direct your enquiries to [email protected]
Download the event flyer for complete information.