- Functional bowel disease, Gastrointestinal cancer and its prevention, Hepatology, Inflammatory bowel disease
Areas of interest
Dr Edward Shelton is a highly experienced gastroenterologist. He graduated with Honours from Monash University and completed a Luminal and Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) Fellowship at Monash Health. During his advanced training, he also focused on endoscopy and liver disease, including viral hepatitis and transplant hepatology. He undertook a further Advanced IBD Fellowship at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, where he held a position as a Research Fellow in Medicine at Harvard University and published research on biologic therapies in IBD.
Dr Shelton holds a public position at Monash Health, consults privately in Kew and Hawthorn and manages inpatients at Epworth Richmond. Dr. Shelton lectures Monash and Melbourne University medical students and is an Adjunct Senior Lecturer in the Department of Medicine at Monash University. He is the Principal Investigator on IBD clinical trials at Emeritus Research, giving his patients access to the latest biologic therapies. He is also one of a handful of IBD physicians in Australia who perform intestinal ultrasound.
- MBBS (Hons) Monash University 2005
- FRACP 2014
- Advanced Inflammatory Bowel Disease Fellowship Harvard University 2015
- Biologic therapies in inflammatory bowel disease
- Royal Australasian College of Physicians
- American Medical Association
- European Crohn's and Colitis Organisation
- International Bowel Ultrasound Group
- Monash Health