Areas of interest
Dr. Henry Yao is a urological surgeon providing care in all areas of general urology with special interests in uro-oncology, minimally invasive surgery (robotic and laparoscopic), reconstructive and functional urology. His practice is focused on providing depth of expertise in treatment of urological cancers including prostate, kidney and bladder cancers, as well as treatment of functional urological issues such as urethral stricture disease, male and female urinary incontinence, erectile dysfunction, neurogenic bladder and pelvic organ prolapse. He can converse with patients in fluent Mandarin.
Dr. Yao completed his medical degree at The University of Melbourne with first class honours and undertook urology training in Australia. He completed training at Western Health as the Advanced Laparoscopic and General Urology Fellow followed by fellowship training in Robotic Surgery and Uro-oncology in the UK, where he worked in a high-volume cancer specialist referral centre. Dr. Yao subsequently completed a Reconstructive and Functional Urology fellowship at The University of Calgary in Canada.
Dr. Yao always strive to provide compassionate and wholistic care for his patients. He will take time to listen to your needs and personalise the best solution for your urological issue.
Epworth Specialist Centre Lilydale
Education and training
- Supervisor of Master of Surgery Student at The University of Melbourne
- Supervisor of MDRS2 Students at The University of Melbourne
- Genitourinary Cancer Survivorship, Monash University
- Platform to Enhance Prostate cancer Shared care Integration
- Peri-urethral and Anterior Vaginal Wall Masses, University of Calgary
- American Urological Association
- European Urological Association
- The Society of Genitourinary Reconstructive Surgeons