- Haematology - clinical
- Haematological cancers
Areas of interest
Shaun is a clinical and laboratory haematologist with a particular interest in malignant haematological disorders including acute leukaemia, lymphoma, myelodysplasia and other blood disorders, having undertaken a fellowship in Acute Leukaemia following his training as a haematologist. He also works as a bone marrow transplant physician, conducting allogeneic and autologous stem cell transplants for a variety of malignant and non-malignant haematological disorders.
He is a lead investigator on frontline clinical trials in Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia and has extensive experience in the management of patients with haematological malignancies. He is also an investigator on several studies in Acute Leukaemia, including in first-in-human studies.
Shaun is also able to provide consultative haematology advice in general haematology including interpretation of blood count abnormalities, paraproteins and the management of thrombosis. He provides inpatient care to patients at the Epworth Richmond, in addition to his principle public appointment at Alfred Health.
- MBBS with Honours, Monash University, 2005
- FRACP, 2014
- FRCPA, 2014
Education and training
- Haematology training through St Vincent's Hospital Melbourne, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, Melbourne Health and Melbourne Pathology
- Acute Leukaemia Fellowship at Alfred Hospital
- Leukaemia Research Fellowship, Alfred Hospital, 2014
- Lead researcher on ALLG ALL08 study in older adults with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia
- Principal investigator on multiple studies (phase I trials (including first in human), phase II trials and phase III trials)
- Active research in machine learning for prognostication in Acute Leukaemia
- European Haematology Association
- Australasian Leukaemia and Lymphoma Group
- Haematology Society of Australia and New Zealand
- Alfred Hospital
- Monash Health