- Orthopaedic Surgery
Areas of interest
Andrew Oppy is an orthopaedic surgeon with a specific interest in the orthopaedic management of all trauma injuries (fractures) and their sequelae. Andrew grew up and attended school in Melbourne before finishing his medical degree at Monash University in 2000. He became a fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons after completion of his Orthopaedic Surgery training with the Australian Orthopaedic Association. In addition, Andrew completed 2 further years of fellowship training in orthopaedic trauma surgery, limb reconstruction and pelvic/hip trauma surgery in Australia and the United Kingdom.
Apart from the clinical aspect of trauma patient care, Andrew spends a considerable amount of time teaching locally, regionally, and internationally. Over the past ten years, he has taught and presented in the UK, Scotland, USA, Canada, Switzerland, Dubai, South Africa, Singapore, Thailand, Japan, Singapore, Hong Kong, China, Malaysia, Korea, Taiwan, Philippines, Bangladesh, India, New Zealand and Australia.
For further information, please visit www.osv.com.au/surgeons/dr-andrew-oppy
- FRACS (Orth)
- Fellowships - Orthopaedic Trauma, Pelvic and Limb Reconstruction Australia, UK, Europe
- Australian Orthopaedic Association
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Australian Society of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- OTC (Osteosynthesis and Trauma Care Foundation) - South Pacific Victorian Educational Supervisor
- Australasian Trauma Society