Mr Damien Holdaway is an Endovascular and Vascular Surgeon with a strong interest in minimally invasive vascular procedures. He has been a surgeon in Geelong for over 13 years and has been involved in over 5000 surgical cases. As a leader in his field, Mr Holdaway was the first to introduce many leading procedures to the Geelong region:
- Endovenous laser ablation introduced in 2007
- Ultrasound Guided Foam Sclerotherapy (UGFS) for treatment of varicose veins
- Radio Frequency Ablation for treatment of varicose veins
- Endovascular stent grafting for Aortic Dissection. Begun in conjunction with the cardiothoracic surgeons in Geelong
- Fenestrated and branched stent graft for complicated aortic aneurysms involving arteries supplying the gut and kidneys
- New Peripheral Vascular Disease Endovascular techniques such as retrograde access, the use of re-entry devices and vessel closure methods which allow patients to sit up immediately post procedure
- Endoscopic Vein Harvest for FEM POP bypass grafting, reducing the size, pain and risk of wound complications
- Femoral Vein Fistulas and Snuff Box Fistulas for people with renal failure who need dialysis
- Eversion Carotid Endarterectomy, reducing the time of surgery and the need for artificial patches.
- Vascular and Endovascular Surgery
- Alfred Hospital in Cardiothoracic surgery including heart and lung transplantation. Exposure to cardio pulmonary bypass procedures and great vessel exposure in the chest
- Preceding this, Mr Holdaway undertook a full fellowship in Gastrointestinal and Breast Surgery at the Alfred including a six month rotation to the UK.