- General Surgery
- Bariatric surgery, Colorectal, Hepatopancreatiobiliary, Upper GI
Areas of interest
Based in Melbourne, Australia, Mr Jason Winnett is the founder and director of The Winnett Specialist Group, which was founded in 2001. As a specialist, Jason's primary areas of expertise include laparoscopic bariatric surgery, laparoscopic hernia repairs, laparoscopic cholecystectomy, appendicectomy and laparoscopic colorectal surgery. A practicing surgeon with over 23 years experience, Jason Winnett has performed over 1300 weight-loss surgical procedures, 15,000 endoscopic procedures and has successfully treated thousands of patients with obesity or weight-related issues.
Winnett Specialist Group
382 Victoria Parade
EAST MELBOURNE VIC 3002
- MBBS, 1993
- Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of surgery MB;BS (1993) FRACS - General Surgery
- Certificate in laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding (2004)
- Advanced Certificate in Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Banding
- Member of the Gastrointestinal Society of Australia and a Post Graduate of the Medical Council of Victoria.
- Member of the OSSANZ; The Obesity Surgery Society of Australia and New Zealand.
- Appointments to the Medical Advisory Boards of the Western Private, and Epworth Freemason Hospitals.
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons