Areas of interest
Mr. Justin Peters is a Consultant Urologist at Epworth Hospital, with a particular interest in prostate cancer and urinary stone disease. In October 2003, he underwent training in robotic surgery at the University of California Irvine, and commenced robotic, radical prostatectomies at the Epworth later that year.
In addition to his robotic work, his other interests include: the assessment of rising PSAs and the diagnosis and treatment of early stage prostate cancer (especially active surveillance), the assessment and treatment of renal calculi, specifically with ureterorenoscopy and laser lithotripsy, and the assessment of lower urinary tract symptoms, with both causative and operative interventions.
Mr. Peters was Chairman of the Training Accreditation and Education Committee for the Victorian section of the Urological Society of Australasia from 2001 until end of 2004. He was a member of the Board of Urology from 2002 to the end of 2004, and was the Deputy Chairman of the Board in 2003 and 2004.
- MBBS University of Melbourne 1975
- FRACS 1984
Education and training
- Urology Medical Student Training, Royal Melbourne and Epworth Hospitals
- Urology Registrar and Senior Fellowship Training
- Fellow of Royal Australasian Society of Surgeons
- Society of Urologic Oncology
- American Urological Association
- European Association of Urological Surgery
- USANZ- Urological Society of Australia and New Zealand