2023 Midwifery Graduate Support Program Information Session
During the 12-month program, you will be supported to strive for the highest standards of practice and to become experienced, analytical midwives. You will gain experience across birth suite, post-natal ward and special care nursery. There’s also the opportunity for you to include an additional six-month rotation in acute medical or surgical if you’ve completed your double degree.
A multi-tiered approach to your support sees you have access to a designated onsite graduate coordinator, educators, preceptors and clinical specialists who will be available to answer your questions and connect you with other people across Epworth.
This program aims to facilitate an increase in your knowledge and skills to perform well in an area of high complexity and to feel confident, competent and valued. To support you further, this program includes a structured theory component, including five development days to share learnings.
Join our graduate program!
- Permanent / part time
- Individually tailored 12-month program
- Consolidate your clinical skills in a caring and supportive environment
- Discounted private health insurance
- Ongoing employment opportunities when you complete your program
Before starting the graduate program, you will need:
- to have successfully completed your Bachelor of Midwifery or a Bachelor of Nursing/Bachelor of Midwifery within the past 12 months, or anticipating completion by commencement of the graduate program
- to anticipate being granted AHPRA registration
- an Australian citizenship or permanent residency; OR New Zealand citizenship.
How to apply:
Applications open for the 2023 Registered Midwife Graduate Program on 16th May 2022.