2023 Mental Health Graduate Support Program Information Session
This program facilitates your transition into mental health nursing by providing comprehensive specialist education and 12 months of acute clinical experience at Epworth Clinic, Camberwell. You will complete two six-month rotations between in our acute adult psychiatry unit and acute aged psychiatry unit along with opportunities for exposure to Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation, Electroconvulsive Therapy and Group Psychological Therapy.
A multi-tiered approach to your support sees you have access to a designated onsite graduate coordinator, educators, preceptors and clinical specialists who will be available to answer your questions and connect you with other people across Epworth.
This program aims to facilitate an increase in your knowledge and skills to perform well in an area of high complexity and to feel confident, competent and valued. To support you further, this program includes a structured theory component, including five development days to share learnings.
Join our graduate program!
- Permanent / part time
- Successful completion of the Transition to Speciality Practice (TSP) program in mental health
- Individually tailored 12-month program
- Consolidate your clinical skills in a caring and supportive environment
- Discounted private health insurance
- Ongoing employment opportunities when you complete your program
Before starting the graduate program, you will need:
- to have successfully completed your Bachelor of Nursing within the past 12 months, or anticipating completion by commencement of the grad program
- to anticipate being granted AHPRA registration
- an Australian citizenship or permanent residency; OR New Zealand citizenship.
How to apply:
Applications now closed for the 2023 Mental Health Nurse Graduate Program.