During the 12-month program, you will be supported to strive for the highest standards of practice and to become experienced, analytical midwives. You will gain experience across birth suite, post-natal ward and special care nursery. There’s also the opportunity for you to include an additional six-month rotation in acute medical or surgical if you’ve completed your double degree.
A multi-tiered approach to your support sees you have access to a designated onsite graduate coordinator, educators, preceptors and clinical specialists who will be available to answer your questions and connect you with other people across Epworth.
This program aims to facilitate an increase in your knowledge and skills to perform well in an area of high complexity and to feel confident, competent and valued. To support you further, this program includes a structured theory component, including five development days to share learnings.
Epworth Freemasons midwife Veronica talks about being both a support and advocate of new parents at a vulnerable time.
Join our graduate program!
- Permanent / part time
- Individually tailored 12-month program
- Consolidate your clinical skills in a caring and supportive environment
- Discounted private health insurance
- Ongoing employment opportunities when you complete your program
Before starting the graduate program, you will need:
- To be on-track to successfully complete your midwifery or nursing/midwifery degree
- To anticipate being granted AHPRA registration prior to program commencement date
- Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency; New Zealand Citizenship OR anticipate having a working visa with unrestricted rights to work in Australia on a part-time contract
- Please note Epworth HealthCare is NOT part of the PMCV match process
How to apply:
Applications open for 2024 program Monday 2 October - Sunday 15 October 2023.