Epworth is committed to protecting our visitors, patients, employees and community. Unfortunately, our work experience program is currently suspended due to restrictions around COVID-19. We aim to resume the program in July 2022.
Epworth has a limited number of work experience placements each year. Work experience gives Year 10 students time at Epworth to learn about an occupation or industry by observing others or completing tasks under supervision. It is an opportunity for secondary students to develop skills and networks and to decide what they would like to do in the future.
Students are placed with Epworth primarily to observe and learn – not to undertake activities which require extensive training or expertise. Not all areas allow or have the resources to accommodate work experience students. Epworth offers a maximum of one-week placements only, working in a variety of departments/wards on one of our sites.
Criteria for acceptance
In order for a student to be considered for Epworth work experience program:
- The student must be in Year 10 and 15 or 16 years of age while on work experience (we do not accept Year 11, Year 12 or university students)
- The student must have a family member who is currently employed by Epworth or is a VMO accredited by Epworth
- The student's educational institution must provide indemnity cover for the duration of the placement via the appropriate Victorian government form
- The student while on work experience will be paid $10 per day
- An application for a placement must be made via the online form