At Epworth, every patient matters. Experienced specialists, nurses and allied health staff are on your team – ready to get you back to what matters most. Your care is tailored to your needs and exact diagnosis.
You have support at every step, and access to:
- Your choice of haematologist (blood cancer specialist)
- Modern, purpose-built oncology facilities in Box Hill, East Melbourne, Richmond and Geelong
- Onsite radiation therapy and imaging (including PET/CT scan)
- Dedicated centre of excellence in the treatment of blood cancers - Epworth Centre for Immunotherapies and Snowdome Laboratories
- First-in-world clinical trials for blood cancer, here at Epworth.
Haematologists Prof Miles Prince and Dr Costas Yannakou, and Research Program Manager Nicole Brooks explain blood cancers and who they affect.
Your GP can refer you to Epworth to investigate, diagnose and treat blood cancer:
- Non-Hodgkin lymphoma subtypes
- Hodgkin lymphoma
- Acute myeloid leukaemia (AML)
- Chronic myeloid leukaemia (CML)
- Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL)
Myeloma and related disorders
Other, less common blood cancers
Diagnosis and monitoring
- Bone marrow biopsy
- Lymph node removal
- PET/CT scan, MRI and ultrasound
- Genomic testing
- Chemotherapy and immunotherapy, in supportive day oncology or inpatient facilities
- Radiation therapy
- Targeted therapy and antibody therapy
- 24-hour emergency care at Epworth Richmond and Epworth Geelong
- Palliative care
- Clinical trials
- Cancer rehabilitation
- Wig salon with free wig and scarf fitting
Request an appointment
To see an Epworth haematologist (blood cancer specialist), ask your GP for a referral.
The Epworth Centre of Immunotherapies and Snowdome Laboratories is a centre of excellence in the treatment of blood cancers. We are proud to offer patient-focused cancer care, with expert haematologists and modern, purpose-built facilities.
A GP referral is required to become a new patient.
Get to know the process:
- Speak to your GP about your preference to see an Epworth haematologist through the Epworth Centre for Immunotherapies and Snowdome Laboratories.
- Your GP can submit a referral using our fillable referral form or their practice software. Please send referrals or contact us via:
- Email [email protected]
- Fax 03 9426 0558
- Phone 03 9426 0555
More information for GPs is available at: Referrals for GPs and specialists.
- Within 2 business days of referral, your Epworth haematologist will contact you to set up an appointment.
- At Epworth, your haematologist will personalise your care to your exact needs and diagnosis. You see one specialist for continuous care and get the expertise of multiple specialists with your treatment plan discussed in the Epworth Multidisciplinary Team (MDT).
- It is normal to have questions when choosing a haematologist or hospital – this is a big decision. Our friendly team can help you learn more about blood cancer care at Epworth, so you can confidently decide on your right fit.
View relevant Epworth locations
- Epworth Eastern
1 Arnold Street, Box Hill VIC 3128
- Epworth Freemasons
109 Albert Street, East Melbourne VIC 3002
- Epworth Geelong
1 Epworth Place, Waurn Ponds VIC 3216
- Epworth Richmond
89 Bridge Road, Richmond VIC 3121
- Epworth Eastern