Are you having issues?
- For the best user experience, we suggest accessing the Epworth Patient Admissions Portal through a Chrome browser.
- Please try refreshing the page or signing in/out of your account, this can help in some instances.
- Refer to the FAQs below, for assistance with registering or submitting your information.
- For further support, please call Patient Services team (03) 8807 7944 (Mon – Fri, 9am – 4pm) or email [email protected]
- When sending emails, please include;
- the issue you’re experiencing (with screenshots, if possible)
- the name of the patient
- your contact details.
Frequently asked questions
I have been to Epworth before; will I need to register an account?
Yes, if you have not previously registered for an account on our Patient Admissions Portal.
* Prior to October 2021, you may have used an earlier version of our Portal therefore you will need to register for a new account.
I am not receiving the verification code to register
Please check that you have entered the email address correctly.
Click Send verification code. You will then see the screen below:
You will receive an email from Microsoft on behalf of Epworth. If you do not see it in your inbox, try checking your spam folder as it may have been filtered.
If you have not received the verification in 3 minutes, click Send new code button on the bottom right and try again.
If you still haven’t received the code, try using a recognised web-based email address.
The verification code isn’t working
After entering your verification code make sure to press the Verify code button.
If you have received multiple emailed codes, check the code you are entering is from the most recently received email.
Each time you generate a new code, it will invalidate the previous one.
The code is only valid for 3 minutes. After this time, you will need to click Send new code button.
I forgot my password
If you have forgotten your password, you can reset it from the log in screen using the Forgot your password option and follow the prompts.
Can multiple people share one account?
Yes, once you have registered for the Epworth Patient Portal, you will become the Account owner.
If you have additional people that you would like to add, use the relevant button displayed under the Add another patient record to your account section of your Dashboard. This could be for your partner, child, or someone else you care for. See images below.
If you are the patient’s care giver (such as a parent or guardian), you will need to register as the Account owner (even if you are not being admitted into hospital) and then add the patient as an Additional Profile.
* Admission related communications for all listed patients will be sent via email to the Account Owner only.
When you create a new admission, you will be able to select the appropriate person for the admission.
Remember when adding a person to your account, please ensure you are the patient's parent or guardian, or have the consent of the individual to provide their personal information on their behalf.
Submitting your admission
How early can I complete my admission on the patient portal?
- When your specialist has advised a date for your admission to Epworth
- The information can be entered within 90 days of the admission date
- Maternity admissions can be entered anytime within 8 months of the admission date
What will I need to complete the admission?
You will be asked about your health, allergies, mobility, diet, and surgical history.
Make sure you have the following information available as you complete your admission:
- Personal details
- Emergency contact details (Medical power of attorney and Next of Kin)
- Medicare card
- Funding details
- Specialist name
- Admission date and name of procedure
- List of medications and dosages
I am not able to submit or progress to the next page
Here are a few things you can check if you are experiencing this issue:
- Check that you have completed all mandatory* fields before saving the form page
- A list of unanswered question links will display at the top of the page when trying to save the form page
- Clicking on a link will take you directly to the relevant question to complete before submitting
Remember after 20 minutes of inactivity, you will be logged out. Any entered information on the current form page will not be saved. You will be prompted to log back in to continue.
To check this, select the Back to dashboard button located at the bottom of the page.
The following sign in screen will display. Click the Sign in or create an account here button to continue.
I can’t find my GP name
Your GP is listed with their full legal name. To search for a GP you will need to click the search function (magnifying glass) when you begin on the Health Professionals form page.
Suggested search tips:
- Try using clinic name first, this will reduce the list of doctors to make it easier for you to find your GP.
- Try using Doctor surname using the wildcard search (*) function (if entering part of their name eg. Anderson*)
If your doctor is not listed select the I cannot find the referring GP box option and you will then be able to enter your GP’s information manually (see 1st image above).
I can't find my admitting Specialists name
Your admitting specialist are listed with their full legal name or their preferred name.
To search you will need to click the search function (magnifying glass) when you begin on the About your stay form page.
Suggested search tips:
- Try using the specialist surname using the wildcard search (*) function (if entering part of their name eg. Davis*)
- Try using their Preferred name using the wildcard search (*) function (e.g. Tony*)
- Try using their Practice Name, this will reduce the list of Specialists in your search result.
If your Specialist record still can’t be found, search using the phrase ‘not in the list*’ and click the (magnifying glass) icon. Select the Dr Not in list record and click the Select button.
How do I confirm my information has been received by Epworth?
When you have successfully submitted your admission information, you will receive a confirmation email to let you know that we have received it.
How do I change my information once submitted?
Once your admission has a 'has been completed' status, you will not be able to edit it, so it’s a good idea to review the information is correct before you submit. As your name and date of birth are used to identify you, they are also not able to be edited once entered.
If you require further changes or have made an error, contact the Epworth Patient Services team as they will be able to assist you. Please contact (03) 8807 7944 (Mon – Fri, 9am – 4pm) or email [email protected].
Your profile information can be updated at any time.
How do I update my admission date?
If your admission has a status of In progress (i.e. has not been submitted yet), you will be able to edit the admission date in the Admission Details section.
Please contact our Patient Services team on (03) 8807 7944 (Mon – Fri, 9am – 4pm) or email [email protected] so they can update your admissions information for the following scenarios;
- You have submitted your admission and the admission date has now changed
- Your admission has been cancelled
What are the COVID testing requirements?
How do I complete the admission for my child?
You, the parent, or guardian, will need to be the Account owner within the Epworth Patient Portal.
If you have not signed up previously, you will need to create an account, register as the account owner and then add each of your children's profiles and admission details.
If you already have an account, you can add your child’s profile to your account.
You can add a profile for all children in the family as additional profiles, as needed.
You will be prompted to complete the profile information for them and then select +Add Admission.
Select your child from the pop-up box to begin their admission.
Are languages other than English available?
At this stage the Epworth Patient Portal is not available in languages other than English. If you need assistance, please contact the Patient Services team on (03) 8807 7944 (Mon – Fri, 9am – 4pm) or email [email protected].
How do I request a private room?
Allocation of private rooms is based on medical necessity, so we may not always be able to meet expectations about private rooms. If you would like to request to be added to the waiting list for a private room, please contact your admitting location.
All our maternity rooms are guaranteed private.