Epworth Clinic is looking for qualified consultant psychiatrists to join our not-for-profit, private mental health service located in Melbourne’s inner eastern suburb of Camberwell.
Our team works in collaboration with patients and their carers to treat a wide range of mental health presentations. Epworth Clinic patients are admitted voluntarily to our inpatient therapeutic services and outpatient day programs.
We provide a recovery-oriented multi-disciplinary approach to care with the aim of empowering patients to live a healthy, active and fulfilling life in the community.
- an experienced consultant psychiatrist looking to grow your practice, or
- a newly-qualified psychiatrist who would appreciate the mentoring and support Epworth Clinic provides.
As an Epworth Clinic psychiatrist, you will work across the inpatient unit and the consulting suite, treating a diversity of general adult mental health conditions. You will work closely with our interdisciplinary team of nurses, allied health clinicians and patients to achieve recovery-focused outcomes.
VMO appointments and a small number of part-time salaried positions are available.
You need to have relevant qualifications including:
- a Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists (FRANZCP) and
- specialist registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
What we offer
Opportunities to grow
- Support to develop an outpatient consulting practice including the use of tailored marketing material and business coaching.
- Opportunities to explore innovative ideas and areas of clinical interest, including support for the development of subspecialist programs.
- A unique range of research, innovation and study grants available through the Epworth Medical Foundation who provide more than $3 million in funding every year.
- Opportunities to join the medical leadership team and actively contribute to the strategic development and growth of the mental health service.
- Free on-site parking and, for salaried doctors, the highest salary packaging amount available to healthcare workers ($15,900 per year).
Comprehensive care for your patients
- On site consultant physicians specialising in geriatrics, cardiology, respiratory medicine, pain and addiction services.
- Collocated programs including for functional neurological disorders, sleep studies and rehabilitation.
- An accessible allied health private practice service.
- A stable, highly-skilled nursing and allied health workforce with a mental health nurse practitioner on staff.
Modern and comfortable facilities to enhance care
- Modern private consulting rooms.
- Inpatient facilities across two renovated wards.
- Spacious group and therapy rooms.
- An ECT suite and TMS facilities.
- Co-located with rehabilitation services which allows the utilisation of modern, therapeutic gym spaces to deliver individualised exercise programs with the support of a mental health trained exercise physiologist.