Epworth HealthCare is Victoria’s largest not-for-profit private hospital group, renowned for excellence in diagnosis, treatment, care and rehabilitation.
Around 1 in 5 Victorian men with prostate cancer seek diagnosis or treatment at Epworth.
Epworth specialists understand this unique journey and are with you at every step. Whether your GP recommends a referral to a urologist for PSA testing, or you have a confirmed diagnosis – Epworth offers complete care.
At Epworth, we provide:
- Your choice of leading urologists, radiation oncologists and medical oncologists
- Multidisciplinary cancer care with specialists, nurses and allied health staff working collaboratively
- Dedicated E.J. Whitten Prostate Cancer Research Centre at Epworth
- da Vinci® robotic laparoscopic prostatectomy surgery
- Modern, purpose-built day oncology facilities across Melbourne and Geelong
- Onsite PSA testing, radiation therapy and imaging (including PSMA PET/CT scan and mpMRI)
- A complete cancer rehabilitation program
Comprehensive prostate cancer care to meet your needs:
When should men see a urologist?
It is best to speak to your GP about your situation and their recommendations. See a urologist if:
- You are experiencing symptoms such as frequent urination, pain upon urinating, blood in urine or semen and sometimes pain in the back or pelvis.
- You have a family history of prostate cancer and are experiencing the above symptoms.
- You are aged 60 and above and have made a decision to start testing for prostate cancer.
Screening and tests available
Your urologist can assess your prostate health with comprehensive testing and imaging available at Epworth, including:
- Prostate-specific antigen (PSA) test
- Prostate exam (digital rectal examination)
- Prostate biopsy (transperineal, guided by ultrasound)
- PSMA PET/CT scan.
- Active surveillance
- Surgery (radical prostatectomy) and urological procedures
- Radiation therapy (external and brachytherapy)
- Hormone therapy
- Irreversible Electroporation (NanoKnife), with 100+ Epworth patients treated since 2019
- Innovative clinical trials, through the E.J. Whitten Prostate Cancer Research Centre at Epworth
- Cancer rehabilitation
- Epworth Eastern
1 Arnold Street, Box Hill VIC 3128
- Epworth Freemasons
109 Albert Street, East Melbourne VIC 3002
- Epworth Geelong
1 Epworth Place, Waurn Ponds VIC 3216
- Epworth Richmond
89 Bridge Road, Richmond VIC 3121
- Epworth Eastern