Neurological conditions treated at Epworth
- Alzheimer’s disease and other types of dementia
- Brain injuries
- Brain tumours
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Migraine and cluster headaches
- Essential tremor
- Guillain-Barre syndrome
- Huntington’s disease
- Motor neuron disease (MND)
- Multiple sclerosis
- Myasthenia gravis
- Paraneoplastic neurological complications
- Parkinson’s disease and other movement disorders
- Restless legs syndrome
- Spinal conditions
- Tourette’s syndrome
Inpatient and outpatient neurosciences services:
- Epworth Richmond
- Epworth Eastern (Box Hill)
- Epworth Geelong
Outpatient and consultative services:
- Epworth Camberwell
- Epworth Freemasons (East Melbourne)
For GPs and specialists: How to refer
Your patient has access to a comprehensive network of neurodiagnostics, treatment and ongoing management. Epworth specialists will coordinate their care and organise admission to Epworth for inpatient services and neurosurgery, if recommended.
The referral process
- Browse our Epworth-accredited specialists:
- Submit your referral directly to the chosen Epworth specialist.
- Their practice will confirm the referral and coordinate with the patient.
Referring to neurological rehabilitation at Epworth
To refer your patient to one of our rehabilitation programs, please fill out the referral form (PDF).
Return completed forms by email to [email protected] or fax (Melbourne and surrounds) 03 9982 6696; (Geelong) 03 5271 7068.
To access our specialist services, patients must obtain a referral from their GP, though a referral can also be provided by another specialist, or by a healthcare professional such as a dentist, nurse practitioner, midwife, physiotherapist, optometrist or psychologist.
- Browse our Epworth-accredited specialists and contact their practice if you would like to find out more:
- Find an Epworth neurologist
- Find an Epworth neurosurgeon
- Visit your GP and request a referral to an Epworth specialist.
- Your GP will complete a referral form and send it directly to the Epworth specialist or provide the referral to you, in hardcopy or in an electronic format.
- Once your referral is sent to the Epworth specialist, you will be able to schedule an appointment. Otherwise, you can make an appointment directly with the specialist’s office, advising them that you have a referral from your GP.
Your first appointment is a private, outpatient consultation with your Epworth specialist. They will coordinate your care and admission to Epworth for inpatient services if recommended.