Your safety remains our priority. We will continue to provide the best quality of care to patients.
- All patients booked for elective admission are continuing to be screened for symptoms and travel history. We are working with doctors and patients to determine appropriate clinical management plans. Please contact us if you are experiencing symptoms.
- Our emergency departments at Epworth Richmond and Epworth Geelong are able to manage any patient who presents with symptoms of the virus and has travelled overseas or been with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- COVID-19 testing will be conducted in accordance with Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) guidelines.
- You may wish to attend our emergency departments at Epworth Geelong and Epworth Richmond if:
- You are experiencing symptoms: fever, cough, sore throat, breathing difficulties or wheezing, headache or any other signs or symptoms of respiratory infection AND
- You have travelled overseas in the past two weeks OR
- You have been in contact with someone who has confirmed COVID-19
Please note: Low risk patients and those with mild-medium symptoms may be sent home with instructions but without testing. You may be asked to self-isolate and given information and advice to manage your symptoms.