Epworth promotes an interdisciplinary, connected approach to patient care. Allied health professionals – including physiotherapists, exercise physiologists, speech pathologists, occupational therapists, psychologists, social workers and dietitians – are vital to the provision of patient care across acute, rehabilitation and mental health services.
Applicants for allied health accreditation must provide:
- a curriculum vitae, including names and contact details of two professional referees
- certified copies of tertiary qualifications
- evidence of eligibility for classification at Grade 2 as per HSUA number 3 or 4, or recognised level of experience by the governing professional body or at the discretion of the AHAC
- current membership/registration with appropriate professional body
- current professional indemnity and public liability insurance. Individual policy and group policies must be for a designated minimum as determined annually by the AHAC, with consideration for the number of staff covered and the frequency of the anticipated service.
- individual policy cover for minimum $10 million (group policies must be for minimum $10 million, and higher if more than eight practitioners are covered by the policy)
- documented evidence of ongoing education and updating skills
- annual Basic Life Support (BLS) in-service and skills assessment/update certificate and
- Police Check and Working with Children Check.
For more information on becoming accredited at Epworth, or to start the accreditation process, please contact us via phone: 03 9591 9205 or email [email protected]
Application for Accreditation (PDF 116KB)
Application for Re-accreditation (PDF, 71KB)