For the safety of patients, staff and doctors, visitors to our hospitals and sites are restricted. If you are unsure about any of the information below, please contact the relevant site.
Patient visitors: Stricter restrictions in place
Due to an increased risk of transmission of COVID-19 in metropolitan Melbourne, we are reintroducing stricter public health measures within our Melbourne hospitals. These measures are designed to keep our patients, staff and doctors safe.
Visitor restrictions (for all Epworth sites except Epworth Geelong):
- Each patient will be permitted only one visitor per day for one hour.
- Visiting hours will now be either 11am-12pm or 6-7pm.
- All visitors will be required to wear masks when entering our hospitals.
- No visitors will be permitted for patients in our Intensive Care Units, oncology or renal dialysis units or for patients who are COVID-19 positive or who are awaiting COVID-19 results.
- Please keep in contact with your family/friends through digital means (phone, facetime, etc).
- Those living in current hotspot suburbs (as advised by the Department of Health and Human Services) are discouraged from visiting our sites, unless necessary. At this stage, we can only permit visitors from these postcodes when required for care giving and for compassionate reasons.
Wearing of masks
- We are asking visitors and new patients to wear masks upon arrival
- Patients who are already in our hospitals will wear masks based on clinical circumstances.
Maternity patient visitors
In addition to the above restrictions, only your partner or support person may visit our maternity patients, which unfortunately means siblings are not allowed in.
We have also suspended the following programs:
- inpatient classes
- night nursery
- Park Hyatt Melbourne stays (Epworth Freemasons only)
Partners or support people are not permitted if they have a fever, cough, sore throat, breathing difficulties or wheezing, headache or any other signs of respiratory infection. We encourage designated maternity visitors to avoid coming and going from the hospital.
All other visitors
- General access is not permitted
- If you have an appointment, please go directly to the location
- ALL contractors and suppliers must sign in at security before entering hospital
DO NOT ENTER if you have travelled in the past 14 days OR are experiencing these symptoms:
- Sore throat
- Breathing difficulties or wheezing
- Any other signs of respiratory infection
There are posters displayed in all areas advising visitors of restrictions.
Hand hygiene stations are placed all over the hospital. Please clean your hands as you enter and leave.