- Fertility and IVF
Areas of interest
Dr. Hugo Fernandes (www.drhugo.com.au) is a leading gynaecologist and fertility specialist in Melbourne. He treats a range of women's health issues and specialises in complex laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery, including the management of endometriosis, adenomyosis, cysts, fibroids, and the surgical optimisation of the pelvis for fertility. Hugo treats single women, LGBTQ patients and couples with infertility through Newlife IVF, a specialist fertility unit where he is a founding partner and clinical director. Hugo is one of only a few Advanced Laparoscopic Surgeons in Australia accredited by the peak training body (AGES). Whilst he is uniquely placed to offer minimally invasive (keyhole) surgery to treat common conditions, he recognises that surgery isn't always the only or best treatment and works with his patients to provide equally effective less invasive options. Hugo provides honest and holistic patient-centred care. He ensures that every patient feels empowered to make informed decisions about their health and is known for his approachability, compassion, and clear communication style.
Dr Hugo Fernandes is Clinical Director at Newlife IVF.
Moreland Specialist Medical Clinic
Warragul Specialist Centre
- MBBS Monash University 2003
- FRANZCOG 2011
- MRMed UNSW 2016
Education and training
- Facilitator/Trainer - RANZCOG Surgical Training Courses
- AGES Advanced Surgical Training Supervisor - Royal Women's Hospital
- The Royal Women's Hospital
- The Royal Women's Hospital - Senior Consultant Pelvic pain & Endometriosis Unit
- The Royal Women's Hospital - Senior Consultant, Menstrual Management Unit
- The Royal Women's Hospital - Senior Consultant, Pelvic Pain & Endometriosis Unit