- General Surgery
- General surgery, Hepatopancreatiobiliary, Surgical oncology, Upper GI
Areas of interest
Dr Osamu Yoshino is a General Surgeon with subspecialty training in Hepatopancreato-biliary (HPB) surgery and robotic surgery. He is currently a Surgical Consultant on the Hepatobiliary Pancreatic and Transplant Unit at the Austin Hospital, with a special focus on advanced and robotic surgeries.
Dr Osamu graduated from Tohoku University, School of Medicine in Sendai, Japan. After working in the ICU/Trauma Centre at National Centre for Global Health and Medicine, Tokyo, he moved to Australia to complete his surgical residency with Austin Health, Melbourne, and obtained his fellowship in general surgery from the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons. After completing his HPB/transplant training in the US and Australia, Osamu completed a Robotic HPB fellowship at Carolinas Medical Centre, USA.
In addition to his robotic surgical skills, Osamu is focused on ensuring his patients are well informed with simple language, and understand the disease process and treatment options.
Osamu is a father of three boys and is privately busy entertaining them including playing tennis, swimming, and camping.
LPB Surgery Group
- Medical Doctor License
Education and training
- Instructor, Medical College of Wisconsin, WI, USA - 2020
- Lecturer in the school of Medicine and Surgery, University of Melbourne - 2019
- Clinical Lecturer in the School of Medicine at the University of Tasmania - 2014
- University of Newcastle -advisor/co-investigator honorary student - 2010 - 2013
- Hepatopanceratobiliary surgery
- International/Asia-Pacific/North American Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association
- Japanese Association for Acute Medicine/Surgical Society
- Austin Health