Areas of interest
Luk has a vast experience in reproductive medicine and treats all causes of male and female infertility in a holistic way. He strongly believes that listening is the most important part of his job.
He has a special interest in the management of severe endometriosis, he offers microsurgery for the reversal of tubal ligations and vasectomies and for the retrieval of testicular sperm. For those struggling with their fertility, he provides expert advice on all assisted reproduction treatments.
Luk is the President of the World Endometriosis Society, the President of the Fertility Society of Australia and New Zealand, and a Trustee of the World Endometriosis Research Foundation. He is the Head of Reproductive Medicine at Monash Health and the Group Medical Director of Monash IVF.
Luk is a training supervisor for Fellows of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists who want to obtain the Certificate of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility.
Luk combines his busy private and public clinical appointments with an active research programme focusing on endometriosis and embryo implantation. He has supervised a number of PhD students, he has published more than 150 scientific papers and has been invited to lecture at numerous international conferences.
- MD University of Leuven, Belgium 1989
- PhD University of Leuven, Belgium 1993
- FRANZCOG 1998
- Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility Subspecialist 2001
Education and training
- Teaching 4th and 5th year medical students
- Training O&G registrar
- Training coordinator of the MONASH CREI subspecialty
- Early diagnosis of endometriosis, Monash University
- Ovarian tissue transplantation and fertility preservation
- Recovery of testicular sperm with microsurgical techniques
- Embryo implantation, Monash IVF and PHIMR
- Endometrial receptivity, Monash IVF and PHIMR
- Fertility Society of Australia
- World Endometriosis Society
- World Endometriosis Research Foundation
- Australasian Gynaecological Endoscopy & Surgery Society