From the moment you discover that you’re pregnant, a sense of excitement and anticipation sets in. You might feel like you have more questions than answers.
- How do I cope with morning sickness?
- When should I tell people I’m pregnant?
- What foods should I avoid?
- Is it safe to dye my hair?
Epworth midwives answer all of these questions and more, drawing on the latest evidence and decades of experience supporting Victorian families from pregnancy to birth and newborn baby.
Ask an Epworth Midwife – your guide to early pregnancy
In this guide to early pregnancy we share our insights into how to have a healthy pregnancy and answer all your frequently asked questions. We also help you understand the support systems we have in place to guide you on your pregnancy journey.
Planning for your pregnancy
Trimester 1 - Starting well
- Am I pregnant?
- Ask an Epworth Midwife
- Your due date
- Feeling queasy
- Taking care of you in trimester 1
Trimester 2 - Midway check-in
- Your second trimester
- Monitoring your pregnancy
- Baby movement
- Dealing with aches and pains
- Staying active during pregnancy
- Taking care of you in trimester 2
Trimester 3 - The big day
- What to pack in your hospital bag
- Your birth plan
- Your support team
- Getting ready to come to hospital
- Gen V research at Epworth