Title: Back pain, a common and challenging presentation - an evening exploring the various causes of back pain and how it can be best treated effectively.
Date: Tuesday 27 July, 2023
Time: 6.00pm – 9.00pm
Where: Epworth Geelong, Auditorium, 1 Epworth Place, Waurn Ponds
Program: 3 Course Meal, Presentations with Q&A
This GP education Dinner hosted by Epworth Geelong and moderated by GP Liaison Team.
An evening exploring the various causes of back pain and how it can be best treated effectively.
Dr Matt Ryan – Emergency Physician
Back Pain in General Practice – Finding a Needle in the Haystack
Dr Paul Smith – Clinical Director EMI
Investigations and Diagnosis
Mr Nick Hall – Neurosurgeon
Surgical treatment of back pain. Red flags, stenosis and exclusion
APROF Michael Vagg – Rehabilitation and Pain Specialist
Evidence based management of neuropathic pain
Moderator: Dr Anne Stephenson.
- Develop a differential diagnosis of back pain
- Describe the role of imaging modalities when investigating back pain and options for therapeutic injection therapy
- Explain surgical management options for severe back pain
- Identify and initiate first-line management of neuropathic pain
- 2.5 CPD Activity points (pending)
To register, please provide the following details and a confirmation ticket will be sent to your email.
- First name and surname
- Email address
- RACGP number or ACRRM number
- Practice name
- Practice suburb and postcode
- Dietary requirements
Please direct your enquiries to [email protected]
Download the event flyer for complete information.