Recipes brought to you by the Epworth team. Japchae, a sweet potato noodle dish celebrating the tastes of Korea.
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
- 250 g sweet potato noodles
- 1 medium carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 medium onion, cut into matchsticks
- 1 red capsicum, cut into 0.5 x 5 cm sticks
- 1 bunch of spinach, trimmed
- 15 sliced dried shiitake mushrooms, soak in water to rehydrate
- Vegetable oil
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic powder
Stir fry the prepared onion, carrot and capsicum separately.
Put spinach into boiling water for 1 min and wash with cold water immediately. Drain well and squeeze out any excess water. Mix spinach with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
Squeeze soaked mushroom and mix with soy sauce, sesame oil and little bit of sugar. Stir.
Fry mushrooms. Put dried sweet potato noodle into boiling water and boil until it soft. Drain well and cut them a few times with scissors. Mix noodle with soy sauce, sesame oil and sugar.
Put all the ingredients into a big mixing bowl and add pepper. Mix all together by hand.
30 September 2019