A super quick and easy quinoa slice packed with goodness to keep you satisfied between meals. Pimp this versatile base with whatever veggies, legumes, nuts, seeds or spices you fancy!
- 1 ½ cups Quinoa (dry)
- 1 Broccoli head
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Brown onion
- 1 Garlic clove
- ¼ cup Grated cheese or Parmesan
- 2 tbsp Fresh chives, chopped
- ½ tsp Extra virgin olive oil
- Cook quinoa in 3 cups water over stove top or in rice cooker until light and fluffy. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. If making slice, line a 20x30cm rectangular baking tray with baking paper.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, pulse onion, garlic and broccoli until finely chopped. Heat 1/2 tsp olive oil in a non stick pan. Add onion and broccoli mixture and cook until fragrant. Remove from heat and set aside until quinoa cooked.
- Combine cooked quinoa and broccoli mixture in a large bowel. Stir to combine. Add chives and 4 eggs, mixing well. Add cheese and season with salt and pepper as desired.
- If making slice, press mixture firmly into baking tray and bake in oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.If making patties, press mixture into balls and cook on non-stick pan, flipping after a few minutes, until golden on both sides.
- Store slice or patties in an airtight container in the fridge or wrap individually in glad wrap and store in an airtight container in the freezer.