A super quick and easy quinoa slice packed with goodness to keep you satisfied between meals. Pimp this versatile base with whatever veggies, legumes, nuts, seeds or spices you fancy!
- 1 ½ cups Quinoa (dry)
- 1 Broccoli head
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Brown onion
- 1 Garlic clove
- ¼ cup Grated cheese or Parmesan
- 2 tbsp Fresh chives, chopped
- ½ tsp Extra virgin olive oil
- Cook quinoa in 3 cups water over stove top or in rice cooker until light and fluffy. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. If making slice, line a 20x30cm rectangular baking tray with baking paper.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, pulse onion, garlic and broccoli until finely chopped. Heat 1/2 tsp olive oil in a non stick pan. Add onion and broccoli mixture and cook until fragrant. Remove from heat and set aside until quinoa cooked.
- Combine cooked quinoa and broccoli mixture in a large bowel. Stir to combine. Add chives and 4 eggs, mixing well. Add cheese and season with salt and pepper as desired.
- If making slice, press mixture firmly into baking tray and bake in oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.If making patties, press mixture into balls and cook on non-stick pan, flipping after a few minutes, until golden on both sides.
- Store slice or patties in an airtight container in the fridge or wrap individually in glad wrap and store in an airtight container in the freezer.
04 September 2020
30 August 2023 Why Barry wants more men to talk about prostate cancer
26 July 2023 Robyn's weight loss surgery journey
15 June 2023 How to talk to your GP about prostate health