We like our pears crunchy. So when they turn a little soft, we make muffins. These guys are delish! And if you choose a high protein Greek yoghurt they’ll really satisfy.
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Greek or natural yoghurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 2 cups wholemeal or spelt flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 pears, diced
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup wholemeal or spelt flour
- ¼ cup brown or caster sugar
- ⅓ cup slivered almonds
- 2 tsp cinnamon 1 tablespoon (20ml) milk
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp milk
- pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C and grease a 12 hole muffin pan.
- Mix eggs, yoghurt, olive oil and vanilla in a bowl or jug until well combined. In a separate bowl, combine sugar, flour, cinnamon and baking powder. Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the yoghurt mixture until just combined. Fold through the diced pears evenly. Spoon the mixture into muffin tin.
- Make the crumble by mixing the oats, flour, sugar, almonds, cinnamon, salt, oil and milk in a small bowl until well combined. Top each muffin with a sprinkling of the crumble mix.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until slightly golden and cooked through.
03 September 2020
30 August 2023 Why Barry wants more men to talk about prostate cancer
26 July 2023 Robyn's weight loss surgery journey
15 June 2023 How to talk to your GP about prostate health