The information you’re looking for on pancreatic cancer is now available in one place! The Jreissati Family Pancreatic Cancer Centre at Epworth has created detailed patient resources to support pancreatic cancer patients and their families.
A pancreatic cancer diagnosis is an emotional time. Trying to figure out what this means and how it will impact you can be overwhelming. Colleen Jreissati knows how this feels. Not long ago, her husband, Elias Jreissati, discovered he had pancreatic cancer. A lot of the research and information available was confusing, adding to their anxiety at the time.
“You feel like you’re drowning in lack of knowledge, and you need a degree to understand most of the things. Every second or third word you don’t understand, and so you have to look that up, and next thing you know, you feel like you’re drowning in too much knowledge.” - Colleen Jreissati
We want to help families in a similar situation. That’s why we’ve created patient guides that will help you and those closest to you learn about and understand pancreatic cancer.
Our guides include the latest information and research about pancreatic cancer. We’ve also made them easy to read, so you don’t need a medical degree to understand them.
The guide explains pancreatic cancer, its symptoms, diagnosis, treatment, and pain management.
- Diagnosis and stages
- how pancreatic cancer develops in the body
- different tests to diagnose pancreatic cancer
- symptoms of pancreatic cancer
- stages and grading of pancreatic cancer.
- making treatment decisions
- surgery for early pancreatic cancer (Whipple procedure, distal pancreatectomy, total pancreatectomy)
- surgery for advanced pancreatic cancer (stenting, bypass surgery, gastroenterostomy, venting gastrostomy)
- chemotherapy for pancreatic cancer
- radiation therapy for pancreatic cancer
- managing diet and nutrition
- oncology rehabilitation
- palliative care
- pain management
- clinical research and trials
The guide shares practical advice about nutrition and food for pancreatic cancer patients.
How we can help
The goal of the Jreissati Family Pancreatic Centre at Epworth is to inspire hope and help people with pancreatic cancer. You’ll receive personalised treatment and care. You’ll also have an appointment with one of our specialists within 72 hours of referral.
You’re not alone on your journey. Our pancreatic nurse coordinator will support you and those closest to you. They‘re available to you throughout your care and can answer any questions you or your family have.