Give eligible patients the option to have home-based cancer treatment as an alternative to receiving treatment in the hospital.
Dedicated care is provided daily by Epworth doctors and nurses.
Operates Monday, Wednesday, Friday 8am to 4pm.
Phone and emails are monitored Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm.
Email: [email protected] Phone: 0484 963 964
Patient eligibility criteria
- Patient lives within the catchment area (within a 45 minute drive from Epworth Richmond).
- Patient chooses home-based cancer care.
- Oncologist agrees that patient is a suitable candidate.
- Patient is receiving treatment from the approved list of eligible regimens administered at home.
- Patient has had their first two cycles in the hospital setting - ward setting or day oncology unit.
- Patient has no history of chemotherapy reactions.
- There are no foreseeable safety risks to staff entering the patient home.
- Preference will be given to patients who require assistance or transfer to attend Day Oncology.
- Preference will be given to IV treatments.
Approved medication list
Patients must be able to attend to their pathology requirements independently.
However, in limited circumstances where transfer for bloods is difficult, we may attend.
Please add EPW to the pathology hospital code for our nurses to have access to their results - view example (PDF)
How does it work?
- If the patient is eligible, please refer via Referring to Chemotherapy in the Home.
- The patient will be reviewed by an Epworth nurse and, if approved, will be scheduled for treatment at home.
- On the day of treatment, the nurse will check patients’ pathology results onsite and confirm time of treatment.
- Nurses will setup in a comfortable space for in the patient’s home for the treatment.
- We have a team of medical practitioners who will assist in symptom management but rest assured, we will escalate concerns to patients’ specialists if required.
All chemotherapy prescriptions are done and ordered through ARIA.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 0484 963 964
Hours: Monday, Wednesday and Friday 8am to 4pm