Title: Hips, Knees and Deformities
Topic 1: Hip Osteoarthritis
Speaker: Presented by Dr Liam Halliday, Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hip Osteoarthritis, including atypical presentations, treatments, and what is and isn’t new in hip replacement surgery
Resolution of low back pain after hip replacement; too good to be true?
Topic 2: Treating the Meniscus in the Over 50s
Speaker: Presented by Dr Andrew Wilkinson, Orthopaedic Surgeon
Who do we treat the meniscus in patients over the age of 50 – conservative or surgical management?
Topic 3: Deformity Correction - When is it important and how do we do it
Speaker: Presented by Dr Rekha Ganeshalingam, Orthopaedic Surgeon
How do we identify limb deformity and what is the decision making and planning process to intervene.
What options are available for patients?
Date: Thursday 01 December, 2022
Time: 7.00pm – 8.30pm
Where: Webinar via Zoom. Dial in from your PC/laptop/mobile phone/tablet
Program: Presentations with Q&A
This GP Education Meeting will include case-based presentations and will have the opportunity to meet and discuss questions with our speakers. This session will be in the ‘meeting’ format meaning attendees will have the option to turn camera on and microphone on and ask questions live.
This GP Education Meeting is hosted by Epworth Geelong and is a Geelong exclusive.
- Discuss an algorithm for treatment of meniscus tears with specific triggers for early referral and surgery
- Identify patients that may have an arthritic hip contributing to their pain
- Discuss treatment options for patients with concurrent hip and low back pain
- Identify limb deformity and its implications
- Discuss the options for limb lengthening and deformity correction and associated decision making
- 3 CPD Activity points
To register, please provide the following details and a confirmation ticket will be sent to your email.
- First name and surname
- Email address
- RACGP number or ACRRM number
- Practice name
- Practice suburb and postcode
- Download the flyer for complete information
Please direct your enquiries to [email protected]
Download the event flyer for complete information.