Title: Knees – Injuries, Management and Replacements
Topic 1: Adult Knee Injuries and New Management Techniques
Speaker: Presented by Mr Jonathan Robin, Orthopaedic Surgeon
Summary: With a return to community and professional sport post pandemic, the incidence of knee injuries is once again on the rise. Short- and longer-term outcomes following knee injuries have a significant impact on the individual and the greater community. The initial assessment and management of the more common knee injuries will be discussed and an update will be provided on the advances in orthopaedic surgery which help to get our athletes back on the park playing the sport they love.
Topic 2: Emerging Trends and the Use of Technology in Knee Replacement
Speaker: Presented by Mr Nathan White, Orthopaedic Surgeon
Summary: Knee replacement surgery has evolved significantly in the past two decades. Emerging technology is increasingly playing a role, coupled with improved understanding of the mechanics and biology of the knee. This occurs in the context of the broader healthcare environment. Taken together, this is driving emerging trends towards customization to the individual, shorter length of stay, and faster recovery. An overview of the principles involved will be given and implications for patient management in the community considered.
Moderator: Assoc Prof Raphael Hau, Orthopaedic Surgeon
Date: Wednesday 23 November, 2022
Time: 7.00pm – 8.30pm
Where: Webinar via Zoom. Dial in from your PC/laptop/mobile phone/tablet
Program: Presentations with Q&A
- Identify the different types of knee injuries and outline the management principles from first aid to specialist referral.
- Discuss the impact of knee injuries to the individual and greater community, and the roles of the GP and orthopaedic surgeon in managing patients with knee injuries.
- Review the evolution of knee arthroplasty design including rationale for the current use of robotics, patient matched surgery and customised implants
- Review the behind enhanced recovery and short stay joint replacement
- 3 CPD Activity points
To register, please provide the following details and a confirmation ticket will be sent to your email.
- First name and surname
- Email address
- RACGP number or ACRRM number
- Practice name
- Practice suburb and postcode
- Download the flyer for complete information
Optional - Submit your questions or cases before the webinar to [email protected]
Download the flyer for complete information.
Please direct your enquiries to [email protected]