Title: Paediatric Orthopaedics Update
Topic 1: Clicky hips and funny creases - An update on the treatment of developmental dysplasia of the hip in infants and children
Speaker: presented by Dr Lucas Annabell, Paediatric and Adult Orthopaedic Surgeon
Summary: A review of the common presentations of developmental dysplasia of the hip in babies and young children, treatment options, follow up, and when to refer.
Topic 2: Paediatric and adolescent knee pain - Tips for assessment and when to refer
Speaker: presented by Dr Julia Kirby, Paediatric and Adult Orthopaedic Surgeon
Summary: A case-based review of common knee conditions in paediatric and adolescent patients. The objective of this talk is to highlight red flags in the presentation of knee pain in this unique group, discuss primary work up, provide an update on management and when specialist referral is required.
Moderator: Dr Stewart Morrison, Orthopaedic Surgeon
Date: Tuesday 11 October, 2022
Time: 7.00pm – 8.30pm
Where: Webinar via Zoom. Dial in from your PC/laptop/mobile phone/tablet
Program: Presentations with Q&A
- Outline the common presentations and risk factors of patients with developmental dysplasia of the hip
- Discuss diagnosis and treatment options
- Outline the common causes of knee pain in paediatric and adolescent patients
- Discuss diagnosis and when referral to a specialist is indicated
- 3 CPD Activity points
To register, please provide the following details and a confirmation ticket will be sent to your email.
- First name and surname
- Email address
- RACGP number or ACRRM number
- Practice name
- Practice suburb and postcode
- Download the flyer for complete information
Please direct your enquiries to [email protected]
Download the event flyer for complete information.