- Mr Andrew Byrne
- Professor Julian Feller
- Dr Peter Larkins
- Mr Camdon Fary
- Mr Andrew Beischer
- Professor Richard de Steiger
- Mr Richard Dallalana
- Mr Bob Steele
- Mr Andrew Tang
- Dr Jenny Flynn
- Mr James Canty
- Mr Dirk van Bavel
- Mr Michael Galvin
- Epworth is one of the largest providers of joint replacement surgery in the Asia-Pacific region, performing more than 4,000 knee and hip replacement operations each year. The MSKI actively promotes improving outcomes in joint replacement surgery via its involvement with The Australian Orthopaedic Association National Joint Replacement Registry (AOANJRR).
- Epworth is also one of the largest providers of anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstruction surgery in Australia. Surgeons at Epworth were the leading participants in an Australian-wide pilot study of the feasibility of creating a registry of ACL reconstructions to assess patient outcome data.
- The Musculoskeletal unit admits over 1100 patients per year with orthopaedic trauma including fractures, dislocations and soft tissue injuries. There is a roster of specialists available on call 24 hours a day to deal with these injuries in a timely manner.
- With the advent and introduction of Robotic assisted Joint replacement, Epworth Healthcare is at the forefront of joint replacement surgery. The MSKI currently offers robotic assisted joint replacement surgery at the Richmond and Eastern campuses.
Epworth HealthCare benchmarks its performance using data from the Australian Orthopaedic Association National Joint Replacement Registry (AOANJRR). This is a clinical quality registry which collects information on all joint replacement procedures performed in the country, achieving national coverage since 2002.
Epworth HealthCare has a significantly lower rate of revision for primary conventional hip replacement, total resurfacing hip replacement and primary unicompartmental knee replacement in comparison to other Australian hospitals.
Cumulative Percent Revision (CPR) of Primary Total Conventional Hip Replacement by Hospital (All Diagnoses)
Compared to all other hospitals in Australia, Epworth HealthCare has a lower rate of revision for primary total resurfacing hip replacement.
Cumulative Percent Revision (CPR) of Primary Unicompartmental Knee Replacement by Hospital (All Diagnoses)
Compared to all other hospitals in Australia, Epworth HealthCare has a lower rate of revision for primary unicompartmental knee replacement.
Cumulative Percent Revision (CPR) of Primary Total Knee Replacement by Hospital (All Diagnoses)
At the regular Epworth musculoskeletal audit meeting, the trend for higher rate of revisions for primary total knee replacement was identified. This was due to the use of implants with a higher rate of revision. As a result of our audit process these implants are no longer used.