Title: Blood Disorders: Malignant and Non-Malignant
Topic 1: Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
Speaker: Presented by Dr Denise Lee, Clinical Haematologist
Summary: Non-hodgkin lymphoma is the 6th most common lymphoma in Australia. Over 7000 Australians are diagnosed with lymphoma each year. Dr Denise Lee will provide an update on Non-hodgkin lymphoma and will discuss when patients should be refered on for specialist care.
Topic 2: Von Willebrand Disease
Speaker: Presented by Dr Alison Slocombe, Clinical Haematologist
Summary: Von Willebrand disease is the most common inherited bleeding disorder worldwide. Dr Alison Slocombe will explore the diagnosis and management of this disease.
Topic 3: Vaccination, Prophylaxis and IVIg in Haematology Patients
Speaker: Presented by Dr Jay Hocking, Clinical Haematologist
Summary: Dr Jay Hocking will discuss the importance of disease prevention in haematology patients, specifically focussing on vaccination, prophylaxis and IVIg.
Date: Tuesday 15 November, 2022
Time: 7.00pm – 8.30pm
Where: Webinar via Zoom. Dial in from your PC/laptop/mobile phone/tablet
Program: Presentations with Q&A
- Identify when to refer patients with lymphadenopathy
- Outline the role of vaccination, prophylaxis and IVIg in haematology patients
- Discuss how to assess patients with a suspected bleeding disorder
- Identify when to refer patients with a suspected bleeding disorder for further investigation
- 3 CPD Activity points
To register, please provide the following details and a confirmation ticket will be sent to your email.
- First name and surname
- Email address
- RACGP number or ACRRM number
- Practice name
- Practice suburb and postcode
- Download the flyer for complete information
Please direct your enquiries to [email protected]
Download the event flyer for complete information.