Title: Cardiothoracic update
Topic 1: Cardiac surgery and ambulatory carefor the post-surgical patient in 2022
Speaker: Presented by Mr Michael Yii, Cardiothoracic Surgeon
Summary: This presentation will provide an overview of cardiac surgery and audited results at Epworth Eastern Hospital. The role of cardiac surgery in managing AF and stroke prevention will be discussed. Finally, the presentation will cover common post-operative issues and the role of GPs in managing the cardiac surgical patients.
Topic 2: CT-Chest: Workup of incidental findings focusing on pulmonary nodules
Speaker: Presented by Dr Jazmin Eckhaus, Cardiothoracic Surgeon
Summary: The presentation will provide an overview of common abnormalities GPs might find incidentally on a CT chest. The appropriate further workup of these lesions will be discussed with a focus on the diagnostic pathway for solitary pulmonary nodules.
Date: Tuesday 06 September, 2022
Time: 7.00pm – 8.15pm
Where: Webinar via Zoom. Dial in from your PC/laptop/mobile phone/tablet
Program: Presentations with Q&A
- Discuss what you should expect from your cardiac surgeons for your patients with AF today
- Outline common post-surgical issues and their management
- Develop a confident approach to incidental findings on CT chest
- Explain the work up of a solitary pulmonary nodule
- 2 CPD Activity points
To register, please provide the following details and a confirmation ticket will be sent to your email.
- First name and surname
- Email address
- RACGP number or ACRRM number
- Practice name
- Practice suburb and postcode
- Download the flyer for complete information
Please direct your enquiries to [email protected]
Download the event flyer for complete information.