Title: Supper Club - Update on Fertility and IVF for GPs
This GP education evening is hosted by Epworth Eastern and will cover the following:
Topic 1: Patient screening leading up to fertility treatment
Speaker: Presented by Dr Chris Russell, IVF specialist
Summary: Dr Russell will discuss the different patient screening requirements including bloods, ultrasound and semen analysis, what the results mean and the different aetiologies patients present with to fertility specialists. Dr Russell will then go onto discuss how screening and patient history can help determine which fertility treatment Is most suitable for the patient.
Topic 2: Different Fertility Treatment options and advancements in IVF
Speaker: Presented by Dr Sameer Jatkar, IVF specialist
Summary: Dr Jatkar will outline the different types of fertility treatment, including ovulation induction and timed intercourse, intrauterine insemination, and IVF. He will also discuss how technology-enabled IVF assists us in achieving success for patients and explain processes such as ICSI plus, timelapse imaging and vitrification.
Topic 3: Egg Freezing
Speaker: Presented by Dr Nicole Hope, IVF specialist
Summary: Dr Hope will discuss the process of egg freezing, what's involved, and why it may be a good option for patients who may want to conceive later in life.
Date: Thursday 10 November, 2022
Time: 6.00pm – 8.30pm
Where: Epworth Eastern, 1 Arnold St, Box Hill VIC 3128
Parking: Free parking is available at 23 Nelson Road (opposite RSL and next to hospital).
Program: Presentations with Q&A
The presentation will include the opportunity for panel Q&A.
- 6:00 Arrival & registration
- 6:30 Introduction & welcome
- 6:45 to 7:25 1st and 2nd presentation, followed by Q&A
- 7:25 Dinner and drinks
- 7:45 to 8.15pm 3rd presentation, followed by Q&A
- 8:30 Close of meeting
*Dinner and drinks provided*
- Discuss the different screening requirements for patients and how to interpret the results
- Explain how screening and patient history determine which fertility treatment best suits a patient
- Discuss the different types of fertility treatment available to patients
- Outline the recent advancements in IVF
- Outline the process of egg freezing
- Identify which patients may be suitable for egg freezing
- 2 CPD Activity points
To register, please provide the following details and a confirmation ticket will be sent to your email.
- First name and surname
- Email address
- RACGP number or ACRRM number
- Practice name
- Practice suburb and postcode
- Download the flyer for complete information
Please direct your enquiries to [email protected]
Download the event flyer for complete information.