Title: The breathless patient - from diagnosis to treatment options.
Breathlessness is one of the most common presentations for patients. The topics for the evening will help inform General Practitioners by discussing relevant cardiac investigations for diagnosis and further explore the latest treatment options for patients with advanced valvular heart disease.
- Murmurs matter – diagnosing the breathless patient
Presented by Dr Alexandra Murphy, General, Structural and Echocardiography Cardiologist
- A heart team approach to management of severe aortic stenosis – TAVI for all?
Presented by Dr Anoop Koshy, Interventional, Structural and General Cardiologist
- Mitral regurgitation, the undertreated valve – the rise of MitraClip
Presented by Dr Matias Yudi, Structural and Interventional Cardiologist
Date: Tuesday 21 November 2023
Time: 6.00pm – 9.15pm
Where: Epworth Richmond Library - Level 5, Cato Wing 89 Bridge Rd Richmond 3121
Catering: Dinner and beverages provided
Parking: Free parking Epworth Richmond - enter via 89 Bridge Rd Richmond
- Clinically assess and appropriately work up the breathless patient with suitable cardiac imaging modalities
- Outline the treatment options for patients with severe aortic stenosis and understand the value of the heart team to ensure the best treatment option for each individual patient
- Understand the importance of identifying, managing and treating mitral regurgitation in patients with heart failure and early referral to a heart team.
- 2 CPD hrs (1.0hr Educational Activities / 1.0hr Reviewing Performance)
To register, please provide the following details and a confirmation email will be sent to your email.
(if you do not receive a link to your inbox, we suggest checking your Spam and Junk folders).
- First name and surname
- RACGP number or ACRRM number
- Practice name
- Practice suburb and postcode
- Download the flyer for complete information
Please direct your enquiries to [email protected]
Download the event flyer for complete information.