This recipe was originally published by OnCore Nutrition.
Satisfy that sausage roll craving with a healthier spin on a favourite.
- 500g turkey mince
- 2 zucchinis, grated
- 3 carrots, grated
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1 cup wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 sheets frozen ready-rolled puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200C fan-forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook onions, garlic and thyme until translucent and fragrant.
- Combine mince, breadcrumbs, onion, zucchini, carrot, thyme and tomato paste in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut pastry sheets in half. Shape one-quarter mince mixture into a sausage shape length ways along one edge of the pastry. Brush opposite edge with egg and roll up to enclose. Cut into your preferred size pieces. Place on prepared tray.
- Brush sausage roll tops with egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and puffed.
05 September 2020
20 February 2023 Bowel endometriosis: signs and symptoms
02 October 2022 Endometriosis fatigue: 5 tips from an occupational therapist
12 April 2021 How to spend less time sitting down