Satisfy that sausage roll craving with a healthier spin on a favourite.
- 500g turkey mince
- 2 zucchinis, grated
- 3 carrots, grated
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1 cup wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 sheets frozen ready-rolled puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200C fan-forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook onions, garlic and thyme until translucent and fragrant.
- Combine mince, breadcrumbs, onion, zucchini, carrot, thyme and tomato paste in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut pastry sheets in half. Shape one-quarter mince mixture into a sausage shape length ways along one edge of the pastry. Brush opposite edge with egg and roll up to enclose. Cut into your preferred size pieces. Place on prepared tray.
- Brush sausage roll tops with egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and puffed.
05 September 2020
30 August 2023 Why Barry wants more men to talk about prostate cancer
26 July 2023 Robyn's weight loss surgery journey
15 June 2023 How to talk to your GP about prostate health