This program facilitates your transition into mental health nursing by providing comprehensive specialist education and 12 months of acute clinical experience at Epworth Clinic, Camberwell. You will complete two six-month rotations between in our acute adult psychiatry unit and acute aged psychiatry unit along with opportunities for exposure to Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation, Electroconvulsive Therapy and Group Psychological Therapy.
A multi-tiered approach to your support sees you have access to a designated onsite graduate coordinator, educators, preceptors and clinical specialists who will be available to answer your questions and connect you with other people across Epworth.
This program aims to facilitate an increase in your knowledge and skills to perform well in an area of high complexity and to feel confident, competent and valued. To support you further, this program includes a structured theory component, including five development days to share learnings.
Join our graduate program!
- Permanent / part time
- Successful completion of the Transition to Speciality Practice (TSP) program in mental health
- Individually tailored 12-month program
- Consolidate your clinical skills in a caring and supportive environment
- Discounted private health insurance
- Ongoing employment opportunities when you complete your program
Before starting the graduate program, you will need:
- To be on-track to successfully complete your nursing degree (Bachelors or Masters)
- To anticipate being granted AHPRA registration prior to program commencement date
- Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency; New Zealand Citizenship OR anticipate having a working visa with unrestricted rights to work in Australia on a part-time contract
- Please note Epworth HealthCare is NOT part of the PMCV match process
How to apply:
Applications for the 2024 program are now closed.